domingo, 10 de noviembre de 2013

Session 5 Free post- My little but good expirience with cinematography


In this post I want write about cinematography (director of photography in films, commonly reffered as cinematographer, DP; director of photagraphy). Since I did the cinematography in the short film we did last semester I have been very deeply moved and amazed by it. I have read a ton of books about it and kept my mind in it, while working as much as I can in it. The downsize is that I don’t own a camera, which is essential for it, but my boyfriend has one and when ever he brings it he always lends it to me because he knows how much I love working with it and because he thinks I am becoming good at it.

I hope to have a camera of my own some day and swap lenses, look throw the viewfinder and practice as much as I would love to, but for now it’s Ok with my boyfriend’s camera, because is not just about the camera itself, it is about the optic (lenses), the atmosphere (the lighting) and the framing (decisions in framing and decisions in general), that makes good cinematography.

I have been reading a lot about Storaro’s techniques and have learned so much. Vittorio Storaro is famous for his work with great filmmakers like Coppola (The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, Rumble Fish…), Akira Kurosawa (Dreams, Kagemusha, etc…), Bernardo Bertolucci (The last Emperor, Ultimo tango a Parigi, etc...), and many others. But in general he works with filmmakers that put a lot of attention to detail, and that for me is what has been most important of all, the attention to detail.
While learning Cinematography I have realized that you can do a lot with little but the most important thing is that, that people don’t really realize that when they see a picture or a film frame the absorve the whole frame and all the details, and then they don’t really understand why they love it or hate it… but is because everything goes thru the eye, every single detail.

I hope to be the best I can in this field that I love so much.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario